How to Duet on TikTok
In recent times, TikTok has become the social network that you have to have to keep up to date with what is happening on the Internet. Thanks to its algorithm that allows it to reach more people than other similar platforms, the social network has managed to stand out among anonymous people but also among brands and companies. That is why many of them have introduced TikTok in their digital marketing strategies.
It has many characteristics that make it unique, but one of the functionalities that have acquired great strength is that it can be done on duets. Do you want to know more about this function? Would you like to know how to duet on TikTok? In this article, we explain step by step everything you need to know to get the most out of it!
How to Duet on TikTok?
To start making a duet on TikTok you need to have the application downloaded on your mobile and enter it with your username. Once inside, you will have to choose the video with which you want to do the duet.
To do this, you can see the clips of your friends or your favorite tiktokers or search the feed (in the “For you”) if you find a video that catches your attention.
This choice can be the hardest part of the process! With this decision made, you will only have to follow the steps that we tell you below, and you will become an expert on how to do duets on TikTok.
- With the chosen video open, a series of options will appear on the right of the screen. Almost at the bottom is the “Share” icon, which is the one you have to click.
- Now, below you will see a secondary white screen with a series of options. In the second row, there is a symbol similar to two balls with eyes, with the text “Duo,” hit it there. (If this icon does not appear, it is because the user does not have the option to do duets in that video activated, so you will have to choose another).
- If you have been able to access it, you will see how your screen is divided into two. On the right side will be the video you have chosen for the duet, and on the left is your own camera.
- To start recording, press the big red button at the bottom of the screen, right in the middle.
- During this recording process, you will see a blue bar at the top, which indicates the duration of what you are recording. This is because when doing a duet, your video must be as long as the original.
- You have already finished recording! If you want, you can edit it and add all the filters and effects that you decide.
- To publish it, you can write a short description text. So that everyone knows that it is a duet, it is advisable to use hashtags such as #duo or #duet and mention the person who made the original video.
Ready! Hit the publish button and wait for the reactions of all the people on this social network.
What are TikTok duets?
If this social network is not a platform that is very familiar to you, you may be thinking: “Okay, I already know how to do duets on TikTok, but what exactly are they?”
Well, a duet is a form of collaboration offered by the platform, and thanks to it, you can imitate or react to a previously published video. The clip you are doing with can be from a friend or from famous people who post music videos.
In fact, this last option is the most common since it is like a kind of response to your favorite videos. When choosing to do a duet on this social network, the screen is divided in two, and therefore when publishing it, you can see the original video and your imitation and/or reaction to said clip.
In this way, you can give the duet your personal touch and get truly unique clips with all your essence. It is a good way to show yourself as you are, making duets with your favorite tiktokers, and getting more organic reach and, consequently, that more people know you.
Why should you do duets on TikTok?
If you have an account on this platform for gossiping about what your favorite friends and celebrities are doing, you may not be interested in this option. Don’t worry. It is a completely valid alternative and many of us use social network in this way. We are gossips by nature.
But if you want to grow your popularity on TikTok, or you are a brand or business that wants to be known, doing duets on TikTok can be a great utility. As we commented in the previous point, this option allows you to give your unique touch to the clips, and that others and other users get to know you or your brand in a more personal, intimate and informal way.
Also, by doing duets with people better known than you but who share the same values, the audience of those tiktokers will have the opportunity to see your new content. This allows you to get to know people who are really interested in your work.
But as if this were not enough, TikTok rewards users who use the tools that the platform makes available to them. What do we mean by this? That by using the option to make a duet, the algorithm likes you to use it, and as a reward for doing so, it shows your content to more people in their personal feed, with what you will appear in the “For you” of more users.
So if you want to publicize your work or gain fame on the platform, adding the option to do duets on TikTok in your marketing strategy can be of great help.
Leave a Reply